Brian Shaw is a renowned professional competitor for strong men, who has written his name in our memory by appearing four times in the past as the strongest man in the world. Apart from that, Shaw has also won a number of competitions that have given the great man a large fan base that is always wanting to know more about him.
Brian Shaw’s Biography
Brian was born on February 26, 1982, in Fort Lupton, Colorado, where he was raised by his parents, Jay and Bonnie Shaw, together with two younger siblings, Kevin and Julie.
Throughout his childhood, Shawn had always been a big guy, just as he had always been an athlete with basketball as his goal. He chose the sport because he wanted to follow in the footsteps of one of his uncles who was a basketball coach. As a student at Fort Lupton High School, he continued to play basketball, and through this sport, he received a scholarship to attend Otero Junior College and Black Hills State University, where he was to graduate with a degree in Wellness Management.
Rather than try to become a professional basketball player, Brian shifted his attention, once he finished college, to work on strength building. When he was scheduled to make his first appearance in the 2005 Strongest Man competition in 2005, he hadn’t done any real training, but he still won the Denver Strongest Man competition. Then he decided to take on bigger challenges and participate in bigger competitions.
From then on, Brian Shaw was to win many titles, including the 2009 All-American Strongman Challenge, six Strongman Super Series, and three Arnold Strongman Classic. What would make his name even stronger out there were the victories that made him the strongest man in the world four times between 2011 and 2016. He finished third in 2017 and 2018, second in 2010 and fourth in 2012, marking his worst performance since his debut appearance.
Since there is no information available that he has dated many women in the past, he is married to Keri Shaw. What makes the love story between the two very interesting, as many cannot guess, is that they met through their mutual friends and were engaged after only 4 months. Less than a year later, in 2015, they had become man and wife. So far their union was blessed with two children, Braxton and Kellen.
Shaw’s wife is similar to him in many ways, as she is also fit and of good height, measuring 5 feet 11 inches. Keri Shaw is also a math teacher and also runs the Fit Mommy Academy.
Height, Weight, and Body Measurements
You cannot become the strongest man in the world if you do not have a well-built body. This is indeed the testament that Brian Shaw tells us with his very generous height and a physique that can best be described as outstanding. Expressed in numbers, he records an outstanding height of 6 feet 8 inches. The only thing that exceeds his height is his weight, which is between 180 and 200 kg (400-440 lb).
In terms of body measurements, the four times the strongest man in the world has a 60 inch (152.4 cm) chest and 23 inches (58.4 cm) biceps. The shoe size he wears is 16 and his T-shirt is size 5XL.
- Without a doubt, Shaw is one of the greatest athletes in the world. He eats every two and a half hours a day, and his meal is always between 12 and 16 ounces.
- In 2012, the year he finished 4th in the “Strongest man in the world” and “Arnold Strongman Classic” competitions, he tore his biceps, but instead of finishing the competition like many others, he finished it.
- He also played a role in the 2017 film Kickboxer: Retribution. At the moment it is not known if he will play in several more movies in the future.
- In stark contrast to the picture he paints with his stature, Brian has proven to be very modest and friendly.
- He also has the YouTube channel Shawstrength, which he started in 2008. With already almost 10 million viewers, the channel has almost 200 thousand subscribers.
- He does not see himself in a position to retire in the foreseeable future because he still enjoys it. But then he revealed that if he stops having fun and he is not sure if he is competitive, he will think about his retirement.