Megan Mullally is a spirited American actress, actress, comedian, and singer whose charming talents make the screen and stage shine at every opportunity. She is popularly known as the award-winning actress who brought the role of Karen Walker in the NBC series Will & Grace to life. Among the awards, she has received is the Golden Globe for the outstanding performance of a female actress in a comedy series (2000, 2001, and 2003) and the Primetime Emmys for the outstanding supporting actress in a comedy series (2000 and 2006). From 2006 to 2007 she also hosted the Megan Mullally Show. See below for further details.
Megan Mullally Bio
Megan Mullally was born in Los Angeles, California, on November 12, 1958, the daughter of Carter Mullally Jr. and Martha Mullally. She happens to have a mixture of Scandinavian, Irish and English descent. When she was six years old, her family moved to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, where she studied ballet and also performed at the Oklahoma City Ballet. As a teenager, she was enrolled at the Casady School. After graduating, she studied art history and English literature at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois.
After graduating from college, Megan Mullally decided to move to Los Angeles in 1985. Luckily, she was signed up by the William Morris Agency just two weeks after arriving in LA. Her first chance to appear on screen was in a McDonald’s commercial, which also featured John Goodman. The following year, 1986, she made her debut in her very first series, The Ellen Burstyn Show. After that, she was a guest star in numerous sitcoms such as Just Shoot Me!, Wings, Ned and Stacey, Seinfeld, Frasier, Mad About You, and Caroline in the City.
Megan auditioned and cast the role of Karen Walker for the NBC sitcom “Will & Grace” in 1998. In the series, she played the sarcastic, pill-popping assistant to Grace Adler. For her role in Will & Grace Megan won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series in 2000 and 2006. In 2011 Mullally appeared as a recurring cast in the sitcom Happy Endings, in which she played the role of Dana Hartz. The following year she was cast in the series entitled “Breaking In”, while in 2016 she was cast in the movie “Why Him?
Megan Mullally Net Worth
Megan Mullally is not a weakling when it comes to the entertainment scene in Hollywood, especially since she has had a decade-long career. Having worked extensively in various fields of her talent, including music, comedy, and most importantly acting, she has been able to accumulate tremendous wealth to live the luxurious life she has always imagined. With a net worth of no less than $15 million, she is definitely in a very good financial position at the moment.
Husband – Nick Offerman
It is not new to learn that from time to time co-stars get romantically involved with each other even up to the junction. Interestingly, this is especially the case with Mullally and her better half, actor Nick Offerman. They met in 2000 when they were both casts in a play called The Berlin Circle, produced by the Evidence Room Theatre Company. During the time of their date, Nick had several guest appearances alongside Megan in the series Will & Grace (season 4, episode 10, and season 9 in the episode “Friends and Lovers”). On September 20, 2003, they entered into a marriage.
1. Megan Mullally happens to hold the record of being one of the only two actresses to be nominated three years in a row and win a SAG Award.
2. In terms of the Golden Globe Award for the best-supporting actress – series, mini-series, or TV movie – Megan Mullally was nominated from 2000 to 2003.
3. Before she met Nick Offerman, Mullally married Michael Katcher for the first time, who was a talent manager. They married in 1992 but filed for divorce in 1996.
4. Mullally, who is over 50 years old, has no children of her own. She revealed that although she and her husband Nick tried to have children, it took too long, probably because of their age, so they stopped trying.
5. she and her husband Nick acted in the following films The Kings of Summer and Smashed and the 2015 cartoon Hotel Transylvania 2, in which she played the role of Linda while Nick took over the voice of Mike.
6. In 2012 she formed a band called Supreme Music Program (SMP) with Stephanie Hunt, of which three albums (Big as a Berry, The Sweetheart Break-In, and Free Again!) were released. The band went on tour in March 2013.