Caitlin Carmichael may look sweet and modest, but beneath all this beauty and elegance is a young lady with enough fighting skills to defeat any opponent. The actress made her television debut in 2008 in the series In the Motherhood. Since then she has appeared in a number of series and films. The actress is a trained fighter with a black belt. She is also a trained dancer but is best known for her roles in Shake It Up, Lizzie, iCarly, and Hot In Cleveland.
Caitlin Carmichael’s Bio
She was born on July 2, 2004, as Caitlin Elizabeth Carmichael in Tifton, Georgia, United States. Caitlin steadily developed an interest in show business, the performing arts, and gymnastics. The actress did not really go to a traditional school, as she did most of her training at home as she worked to begin her career.
Her chance came in 2008 when she was only four years old. Although it was a small and short-lived role, it marked the beginning of her acting career. Carmichael played Sasha in an episode of In the Motherhood. After another small role in Mystery ER, she appeared in two movies and a series in 2010. This includes 10 things I hate about you and backlighting.
The following year Caitlin Carmichael played the role of Lucy in the comedy Conception. The film flopped at the box office, but her performance did not. This brought her further opportunities, which she saw in about a dozen other projects, to round out 2011. Some of them include iCarly, Bag of Bones, True Blood, Law & Order: LA, and CSI: Miami.
The following year was another busy year for the young actress as she began to get bigger roles. Some of her major roles this year included Bad Days as Piper and The Dog Who Saved the Holidays as Kara.
Although the actress appeared mostly in series and short films, she has gone through enough of them to show her talent adequately in front of the big screen. In 2014, these small performances offered her opportunities on big sets such as 300; Rise of An Empire, Teacher of the Year, The Legend of Korra, and Chosen. During her time as Chosen, she continued to play Ellie Mitchell, a leading role that began in 2013 and lasted for two years.
In 2015 Caitlin Carmichael played another leading role in An American Girl: Grace Stirs Up Success. She played Maddy, the main character’s best friend among a number of other projects.
From 2015 to 2019 over 20 projects. These include Sweetheart (2015), A Boy Called Po (2016), The Night Visitor 2: Heather’s Story (2016), Doc McStuffins (2012 – 2017), Wheelman (2017), Young Sheldon (2018), The Good Doctor (2018) and Dwight In Shining Armor (2019).
Caitlin Charmichael’s Family
Carmichael was born as the daughter of her parents Tom Carmichael and Catherine Carmichael. Her family has also stood in her corner since childhood and supports her ambitions. Her parents have always made sure that as her only child nothing stood in her way. In order for Caitlin to focus on pursuing a career as an actress, her parents, especially her mother, took it upon themselves to home-school her for most of her studies.
They allowed Caitlin to fully express her creative abilities by enrolling her in dance and martial arts at a very young age. Partly to further Caitlin’s career, the family moved to Los Angeles when she was only three years old. When she was four, her mother took her to try her out for different roles in various auditions.
Her parents had her take courses at the talent agency JRP to prepare her for appearances in print media, modeling, advertising, and acting. Her hard work finally paid off with her debut in In the Motherhood, a success that she owes to the support of her family.
Life Achievements and Timeline
Caitlin Carmichael has had several successes in her career. She has received several nominations and awards for her work in front of the screen. In 2010 she was awarded the International Presentation of Performers Star of the Year Award.
Since 2012 the actress has won three Young Artist Awards in different categories. Among the categories in which she has won is Best Performance in Support of Young Actresses (Bag of Bones, 2012); Best Performance in a Dubbing Role, Television (Doc McStuffins, 2013); and Best Web Performance for Young Actresses (Selected, 2014).
Celebrity Facts About Caitlin Carmichael
- For her debut role, she stood out so much that she was hand-picked by the famous actress Jenny McCarthy for the role of Sasha, her screen daughter in In the Motherhood.
- Caitlin Carmichael’s career has also seen her in national commercials for some major brands such as Ralph Lauren, Dillards, and Toys “R” Us.
- In 2008, she participated in the International Performers’ Presentation in Los Angeles. During the auditions for the event, she was the youngest participant in a sea of over 2,500 applicants who attended the event.
- The actress’ career has been very busy since her bow in 2008. Since 2019 Caitlin Carmichael has been involved in over 60 projects, including films, series, and animations.
- The actress is also expanding her portfolio as a screenwriter. She made her first appearance as a screenwriter in an episode of Dwight In Shining Armor, a series in which she also plays the lead role of the character Gretta.
- She has also managed to share the set with film stars such as Antonio Banderas, Eva Green, Olivia Wilde, Olivia Cooke, and Oscar Isaac.
- When she’s not acting, Carmichael enjoys volunteering, especially in partnership with the Presbyterian Church of Beverly Hills, which provides food for the homeless.