Jake Lacy is an American actor best known for his roles as Pete Miller in The Office, Max in Obvious Child, Richard Semco in Carol, Fran Parker in Girls, and most notably for his leading role as Casey Marion Davenport in Better with You.
The actor’s most famous role was in the ABC comedy series “Better With You”, which was about three relationships involving members of a family – Maddie Putney and Ben, who were together for nine years, Mia Putney and Casey (Jake Lacy), who have only been together for seven weeks but are now expecting a child together, and Maddie and Mia’s parents, who have been together for 35 years.
The show received positive reviews and was even nominated for awards, unfortunately, it didn’t find enough viewers and was canceled after only one season. Better With You is probably Jake’s breakout role, which also featured Joanna Garcia Swisher, Jennifer Finnigan, Josh Cooke, Kurt Fuller, and Debra Jo Rupp.
Obvious Child is a romantic comedy-drama by Gillian Robespierre starring Jenny Slate and Jake Lacy. Jake Lacy played the role of Max, who makes the character of Jenny Slate, a stand-up comedienne, pregnant after a one-night stand. Carol is a romantic drama in which not only Jake Lacy but also Kyle Chandler, Cate Blanchett, Rooney Mara, and Sarah Paulson played the leading roles.
Jake Lacy Bio & Age
Jake Lacy was born on February 14, 1985, in Greenfield, Massachusetts, but the actor grew up in Pittsford, Vermont. He attended Valley Union High School for his secondary education. Later he also attended the pre-professional program at the Addison Repertory Theater of the Patricia A. Hannaford Career Center, where he took theater classes and began acting roles.
In 2008 he graduated from the University of North Carolina School of Arts. The University of North Carolina School of the Arts is also responsible for the production of several other famous actors, including Anna Camp (Pitch perfect), Dane DeHaan (Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets), Tim Guinee (24), Jennifer Ehle (Fifty Shades Of Grey), Matt Lauria (Friday Night Lights), Lucas Hedges (Manchester by the Sea), Anthony Mackie (Captain America: The Winter Soldier), Chris Parnell (more mature), Will Patton (Remember The Titans) and Natalia Cordova-Buckley (Agents of S. H.I.E.L.D.).
After graduating from the UNCSA, he started doing odd jobs in New York to make ends meet. He was a bartender at a club, waiter, and receptionist at a gym. He still worked odd jobs and went to auditions when he was cast for Better With You.
On August 22, 2015, Jake married Lauren Deleo, his longtime girlfriend. They were married in Dorset, Vermont. They are still happily married and very much in love. At the moment they have no children together.
For the duration of their relationship, they have privately decided to publish little or nothing about themselves on social media. You will not find any unfavorable headlines about them in the tabloids.
Height & Weight
Like most men in the entertainment industry, Jake Lacy is in excellent shape. He currently weighs 175 pounds and is 6 feet 1 inch tall. He trains regularly to maintain his stature, and he occasionally posts photos of himself in the gym on social media.
Other Facts You Need To Know About Jake Lacy
1. This young actor has gone through one of the most important rites of passage for an actor – He is appearing in a Shakespeare play. He appeared as Demetrius in the Hartford Stage production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. He also appeared in the Oberon Theater Ensemble’s production of Much Ado About Nothing as Conrad.
2. He appeared in several episodes of “Guiding Light,” the longest-running television drama in American history before the series was canceled.
3. He was given a leading role in the Columbia thesis film C’est Moi in 2010. He later starred in Balls Out, an independent sports comedy. He played the lead role of Caleb Fuller, who decides to reassemble an intramural soccer team that was previously shut down after one of its players was paralyzed.
4. He also appeared in the 2016 drama “Their Finest”, which is set in the Second World War. The film had its premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival and was directed by Lone Scherfig.
5. He is currently a cast member of I’m Dying Up Here, a comedy television show on the Showtime network that follows the lives of young comedians in Los Angeles in the 1970s trying to become successful. The show also features Melissa Leo, Ari Graynor, Clark Duke, Michael Angarano, and RJ Cyler.