South Korean actor Lee Chang-seon is mainly known under his stage name Lee Joon. He is a model and a singer who was formerly known as a member of the South Korean boy band MBLAQ. However, he became popular as an actor in 2005 when he played a royal clown in the movie “The King and the Clown”.
Lee Joon’s Biography
Joon was born on February 7, 1988, in the large port city of Busan, South Korea, and raised by his parents alongside his younger sister. Joon grew up with a keen interest in becoming an actor, but due to his family background, which did not support his choice of career, he was not able to pursue this in the early stages. Therefore he started as a model but also became involved in Korean dance and ballet, two skills he also mastered well. During his time in primary and secondary school, the young multi-talent immersed himself more and more in his studies while participating in the plays and dramas of his school. The performance of plays such as Shakespeare’s Hamlet moved him to act, and contrary to his fears that his parents did not support his new career choice, they were more supportive when he finally decided to open up to them.
As someone who always wants to give his best in everything he does, Lee began to improve in his new career, even though he was pressured by his parents to pursue a more secure career in college in case the entertainment fails in the near future.
Immediately after graduating high school, Lee moved to Seoul where he had the opportunity to work on his acting career. He enrolled at the Seoul Institute of Arts where he got his first modeling assignment. 2005 was a pretty remarkable year for the young actor. It was the year he made his film debut and took on a second leading role as Gong-Gil in The King and the Clown. The success of the film and his undeniably active role in the movie paved the way for Lee to play bigger and better roles in the future. In fact, his performance in the movie helped him to win his very first awards like the Korean Film Award, the Baeksang Arts Awards, and the Grand Bell Awards.
Everything To Know About The Korean Actor
- Before his film debut in 2005, Lee took on several smaller roles in short drama films such as The Hotel Venus, Nonstop 4 Drama City: What Should I Do, Star’s Echo, and Flying Venus.
- Lee’s role in the 2005 drama The King and the Clown earned him the new name “Pretty Boy of Korea”, and since he wasn’t deterred by the new name, he continued to push for an important position in the Korean film industry. Hence his new role in the emotional family drama “Fly, Daddy, Fly”, which not only went down well at the box office but also established him as a competitive good actor.
- In 2007 Lee received an honorary award at the Hawaii International Film Festival following his role in the Japanese-Korean film Virgin Snow, which was a great success in both countries. In the same year, he received the Top Excellence Award at the MBC Drama Awards for his successful production of the highly acclaimed drama series “Time between Dog and Wolf”. Two notable appearances between 2008 and 2009 were the sitcom That Person Is Coming from 2008 and the film Ninja Assassin from 2009, in which he portrayed teenage Raizo.
- As a singer, Lee Joon joined the South Korean male quintet group MBLAQ in 2009, where he performed as the singer and lead dancer. The MBLAQ was first announced on September 21, 2009, at a concert of Rain’s Legend of Rainism, where they performed songs from their then-unreleased single album Just BLAQ. The group released their first Japanese single, Your Luv, on May 4, 2011, and reached the top of the Oricon Daily Charts with more than 11,000 copies sold.
- Lee Joon has also produced many albums himself. These include My Dear, Exhale, and J Style.
- The net assets of Lee Joon are estimated at 5 million dollars. He earned this both through his acting roles and his singing career. He also ranks among the ten richest young actors in Korea.
- Lee Joone is in a relationship with his long-time girlfriend, South Korean actress, singer, and model Jeon Hye-bin. The couple made their romantic relationship public in April 2017, and they were mentioned as one of the country’s hot K-Pop celebrity couples. The great actor revealed that they needed time to say something publicly about their relationship because they wanted to be sure of how they felt about each other. There is a possibility that the couple will marry as soon as Lee agrees that he is approaching the marriage age and that he might propose to Jeon Hye Bin soon.